Today we will speak about the Streaming Platform, because today, more than ever, we hear about streaming and we use this tool on a daily basis, perhaps without being aware of it. At first it seems unlikely, but when you think this through, you realize that audio and video content system transmissions via the internet belong to your everyday life. Listening to music or whatching videos while you are browsing the internet or looking for replicas of a missed episode of your favorite TV show, without downloading anything on your computer, is something that happens to everyone.
This article aims to explain what a streaming platform is, what it is for and who needs it.
Are you looking for a solution for streaming your video? Do you want to talk to one of our account manager?
FILL IN THIS FORM and you will be promptly called back
WHAT IS STREAMING?
As the word itself suggests, streaming is a continuous flow of audio and video data sent and received through the IP network.
The connection to an IP network (internet or company intranet) is, therefore, a precondition for being able to send and/or receive information. This is because it is the channel through which data travel.
It will only be necessary to have a good connection in order to get video content distributed through the internet.
As a user of streaming content is considered sufficient to have a connection with a speeds of a 2 Mbps. 5mbps are required to watch videos in HD or 4K.
There are many different data sharing systems, but the uniqueness of streaming is for the user to enjoy the content without downloading it completely on his/her computer or other devices.
Its structure allows automatic reproduction of data in real time and immediate access to multimedia content without taking up precious space on the end device.
There are different types of streaming content distribution:
Events are recorded and broadcasted in real time, using data compression systems that allow you to use as little bandwidth as possible.
This modality generates a small delay during the reception of the contents, which in most cases, is not a problem for the users.
Live streaming is usually provided simultaneously on other corporate platforms to strengthen the message (You Tube, Facebook, and other corporate social channels).
The broadcasting of sporting events, political debates or live TV on websites are all examples of live streaming.
Planet S.r.l. offers also the possibility to manage live events. Visit the dedicated page on our website where you can find our case history
In this case, the multimedia contents that need to be transferred are ready, highly compressed and placed on an appropriate platform.
The device that will receive data will decompress them through specific programs or browsers and will return the video to the end user.
The content is accessible at any time and can be interrupted and restarted according to the needs of each customer.
On-demand streaming examples are all those platforms for the sharing of the entertainment multimedia content.
It is a combination of the two previous modalities.
It allows you to alternate live and on-demand broadcasts on the same channel according to a predefined programme.
Examples of scheduled streaming are web television channels.
WHAT IS A STREAMING PLATFORM?
In order to stream, distribution content companies need to be able to store them on cloud platforms or on servers installed in the customer’s data center to transfer them later via the IP network.
Platforms are projected to be used via web browsers or via mobile devices with the installation of the dedicated application.
Garavot is the multimedia platform entirely developed by Planet S.r.l for the distribution of professional audio/video content on the internet.
You can find more information on our website
Garavot DAM/CDM is a mighty software for large often multinational companies, specifically designed for multimedia content for which it enables organization, research, management, transformation, sharing.
It provides a wide range of integration points towards information systems of product, ERP, e-commerce, document management systems and any IT environment that needs to communicate with the company’s digital media library. Specific and technical information can be found at this page
WHO DOES NEED A STREAMING PLATFORM?
We said that streaming is the tool used to watch/listen to content online, without downloading it to your device. One of the fields where it is predominantly used is certainly that of television, but there are many other contexts of application.
Below we shortly list the situations where it is advantageous to use a streaming platform.
- wishing to communicate with their workers or customers
- that need to broadcast the meetings or communications of its Board of Directors
- that want to stream corporate events
- that choose to realize presentations of new products for customers or partners
- that decide for a company Academy system or Welkome Kit (to learn more about it
- Procurement entities who manage public calls for tenders
- Public administrations wishing to broadcast meetings of their collegiate bodies or political debates
- Courts who need to broadcast public hearings
- Conferences, workshops or congresses
- Sporting events
- Training organisations providing distance learning courses. You can find more information on this visiting the website of our dedicated business unit
WHAT CAN A STREAMING PLATFORM DO?
A streaming platform allows you to:
- Strengthen videoconferencing systems broadcasting live content to a wider audience
- Contribute different sources (production studios, cameras, webcams, smartphones)
- Deliver live videos anywhere in the world
- Record events and then make them available on demand
- Record continuously a large range of live content for specific needs (for further technical knowledges visit this page on our website
- Share an event with the public and through social media channels
- Share contents (live or on demand) within the company network
- Show an event on any device (desktop or mobile)
- Have a customize portal, integrate biographies of speakers and share documents
- Integrate multilingual services with simultaneous translation provided by professional interpreters
- Live Subtitling of the event
- Index videos (automatically or manually)
- Protect contents with login and password and encryption mechanisms
For more details and to request further information you can visit our website at the dedicated page
Do you need to use a streaming platform?